Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Lesson

I had another lesson and took several of my paintings to get feedback and help with finishing off.

She said that I should just glaze and sign my two mission paintings - they really do look good in person. I SO wish I could figure out how to get a good digital picture of my paintings.




She helped me finish off my red roses by helping me with the temperature - warm colors need cool to help them "pop" so I glazed with some daniel smith purple and liquin in the shadow areas. She also had me whiten the tips of the leaves.





I was very discouraged with my rocking chairs and ready to dump it but she helped me with taking out distracting parts and glazing certain edges. This is for my sister and brother-in-law for their cabin in North Carolina:

I am now starting another mission painting and hydrangeas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home