Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stupid Class

So, I'd already signed up for a series of classes with the teacher - once a month and working on different subjects - this week's class was to be an abstract.

I'm not thrilled with abstracts but thought it would be good for me to loosen up and be free

Apparently, the teacher got several emails from people not thrilled with abstracts so she decided to do a Monet.......

what in the hell.........

All I can say is that I am so glad this wasn't my first class with her because I would have never gone back...........it was that awful.

She gave all of us a piece of paper that looked like someone opened a book and xeroxed the double page - there was a Monet picture in one little quadrant and the quality and colors were poor..........

This class was at night, the lighting was absolute crap and to top it all off, we held a silly paper that we were supposed to copy........

Really, really off night for her.

We spent two hours on a sky and yellow strip and orange strip and blueish crap and blending.......it was just dreadful.

The class was three hours and nothing looked good - not even the teachers. I really don't know what she was thinking.

At the very least, we should have a good quality picture to look at if we are supposed to paint something......

So, I brought the canvas home and after being pissed that I wasted my paints and my canvas and my time and my money........... I scraped the wet paint and will cover it with gray gesso so I can at least salvage the canvas.

Here's proof:

RIMG1044


Scrapped version:

RIMG1047


I would have never gone back had this been my first class with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home