Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Teacher Said

For my second class with my teacher, we were to paint an abstract. I brought my painting so she could critique and let me know when it was time for a private lesson.

She couldn't believe how much I had done, and she was very pleased.

She said that I am looking at it too much - it needs to be put down for a few days and then look with fresh eyes -I told her what I was not pleased with and she said that all I need is one class with her privately and it will be done ----- COMPLETED........... I was shocked

I felt as if I had just covered the canvas and needed to work on many things....... rough edges and details and still............the fruit bugs me............

She said that I have no idea how good it is right now and that once she helps me tweak some things, it will all come together.

She said I am good with dark and light and now I need to work on cool and warm.......... Cool in shadows and Warm in highlighted areas............ Warm brings it out...........Cool colors recede...... Not just highlight and color........... warm and cool now..........

Well, that sent my little mind over the edge............ my brain capacity maxed out..................How to think of Warm and Cool and also colors and tones and shadows and highlights and well........it is just too much..................


RIMG1023


Completely undone and I want to tweak before the private lesson : Fine lines and details (edges sloppy on some trim etc...) - cup and saucer, glass of orange juice are completely undone - I just blocked it in.............. Basket needs work.......... Red edge of cloth needs help


I will work on it more before private lesson on Friday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home