Sunday, October 08, 2006

Leave It Alone!

RIMG1177




It is so difficult to not keep tweaking and tweaking - that is why I need to have several going on at the same time.

I need to remember how the glazing with indian yellow really helped pull the highlighted areas out and purple for shadows - it made it more dramatic.

Remember to bring things towards the middle(had to make tablecloth not bleed off the canvas - keeeps the eye in)

Many "perfect" things will have to be destroyed - for instance, I really loved my white vase rim before my class - after working on background and glazes , it got messed up and I had to go back and try to fix it - sometimes "perfect" things in paintings take away from everything else

So, now I have to let it dry, do a liquin glaze on top and get it framed.

I also need to not look at for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home