Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Warm And Cool

So, after scraping my dreadful "abstract" from the night before, I cleared my home of ick and negativity and filled myself with love and lightness and took to my masterpiece.

I knew that I picked a difficult painting, but I still adore looking at the picture that inspired me - no matter how many hours I am working and working and looking and dissecting - I still love my subject.

I wish I knew who painted the original piece - I don't see a signature.

So, back to my ick freeness........... I decided to work on cool shadows...........

Everywhere I could see warm colors in those areas, I tried to change it.

I also tackled the cup and saucer which I am still not pleased with - I'm missing something and need to work it more. I worked on the basket some more and basically tweaked everything.

I have never painted glass before and was SCARED of that orange juice.

I cleared my head and just went for it........... I painted what I saw and not what I thought.

I am so very excited about my orange juice glass.

The teacher wants to work on the warm tones with me on Friday so I tried to leave those sides so we'll have workable, drying paints.

Here is the tweaked version:

RIMG1061


My First Glass!!!!:

My First Glass


So, I still need to work on the bottom of the white vase before seeing her and I want to clean up some edges.........

It doesn't look bad from a distance:

RIMG1050


She says it will be ready to sign after my Friday lesson.

Is that possible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home