Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Exercise!!!

My teacher wants me to paint every day, whether I feel like it or not. She says that if she waits to be inspired, she may not paint for months. I have made myself do something every single day and it feels great. Wetcanvas website has some great forums and I am participating in a scavenger hunt game over there and ended up painting one of the items on one of my canvases.


RIMG1240

I almost should have left it like that! It looks kind of cool. Unfortunately, my sugar bowl is more creamy, yellow than gray but I just couldn't paint all of those colors - that was disappointing. I could get the base color of the dish but I never could see the true color of the shadow areas. I have to be okay with where I am right now. I did succeed in finishing the painting in a day

Here you can see the sugar bowl:
RIMG1241

RIMG1277


I need to learn how to take pictures so there isn't as much of a glare. I do not like the background at all.




I still have another canvas I have started to sketch - a lady in a window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home