Saturday, October 21, 2006

Workin' It

I am finding myself excited about painting and then when it gets close to time to mix the paints, I get a bit stage fright.

Once I begin, I am lost in artistic space for hours.

I am trying very hard to concentrate on not putting any brushstroke on the canvas until I am certain of it and it feels right. When I paint absentmindedly, it never comes out right.

I am finding a weird line between being too scientific about this and being completely free and uninhibited. I am learning and must be okay with my process.

I absolutely adore painting with oils.


This is what I did today:

I worked on the stupid back bit of apple for about an hour and I then decided to take it out. I also needed some bright color in the cut piece. The picture of the cut bit is so washed out that I had to add interest with my paints. My whole apple and napkin from the tablecloth set were great references but the cut bit was rotten by now. I had to concentrate on values - the white of the napkin got darker further back and I still need to adjust the very back red - it needs to be smaller.

RIMG1775


RIMG1794

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home