Thursday, October 26, 2006

Charcoal Nightmares

So, it took me forever to sketch out the sunflower picture and I used some vine charcoal thinking that would be best for that kind of detail.

I tried to break up each petal into lights and darks - I wanted this piece to be beautiful and I was willing to take the time to make it special.

I needed an underlayer and instead of using burnt umber everywhere, I decided to use some yellow and greens diluted with liquin so I could still follow along with my drawing.

The charcoal is smearing everywhere and is showing through. I don't even know that the thicker, real layers are going to cover it up.

One good thing is that I will still be able to see my sketch when I go to paint the real colors but the bad thing is that I am afraid the charcoal will not cover up everywhere.

I have already spent so many hours so I'm worried.

I have my second private lesson tomorrow and I am taking all of my canvases. I suppose I will be asking more questions than painting tomorrow - I have so much to learn!

I need to finish the final glazes on my masterpiece and put glazes on my lovely apples and I am ready to throw away the girl in the window and my sugar dish is just okay. I am also going to take my huge sunflower canvas so she can give me pointers on it.

I put a bit more yellow in places today - nothing much and wasn't able to take a picture tonight - I will tomorrow before I start my next session on it.

I do love seeing my progressive paintings.

I am learning a ton!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home