Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What I am up to lately

I got my new easel and it took me hours and hours to assemble it. SO aggravating!

I was able to use it today because I decided on a huge canvas!

This is my newest inspiration:

sunflowers


RIMG1982

RIMG1989

RIMG1999



I am using a very, very thin application of paint and liquin in the hopes that it would dry fast - preferably tomorrow!

I need to block out the basic lights and darks right now.

At this stage, I feel that it is more scientific than artistic.

I just have to go bit by bit and step by step without looking at the big picture as yet.

I got the original photograph from wetcanvas.com and I just loved the composition and colors - I also need to practice with flowers.

I think that when it comes time for the petals, I need to treat each one as a jewel - versus a big fancy fast blob like in my first painting.

I have another private lesson with my art teacher on Friday and I look forward to her helping me with all of my pieces.

I cannot believe that I have so much already!

The masterpiece (that's what my husband and I call my first painting)
The sugar dish
The girl in the window
My green apple with tablecloth
Sunflowers in vase


That's a TON for now!

I will be going out of town in a week and will be gone for 3 weeks so I will miss my oils.

I can't wait to see what my teacher says on Friday!

Ta ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home