Sunday, July 22, 2007

Cherry lesson

I have still been piddling with my cherry painting. I am learning so much. I still want them to be more reflective and I want the bowl to come more alive. I was amazed at how different each side of the bowl was when I isolated my reference photo - I still don't have it quite right and there was one progression picture that showed drastic contrast in the sides of the bowl and in retrospect, that looked better.


I am going to a private lesson soon with all of my works: red apple palette knife exercise, sunflowers and cherries, I have also been working on two other canvases so it is getting a bit much.


My teacher is fantastic with helping me finish off. I am anxious to see what she says about each of my works.


Here is my cherry painting to date, I need to leave it alone and hear what my teacher has to say. It definitely needs cleaner lines but that will come in the very end:



I am still struggling with getting decent pictures of my works, how do all of these artists take such clean, glareless pictures?

Oh well, that will come.

Next up, what I am working on now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home